The Human Resource Management Department is made up of two (2) Divisions namely: Appointment, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Training and Staff Welfare (TSW) and several other Branches and Units through which it carries out its activities.
2. During the period under review, the Department has been able to function effectively and had achieved the following milestones:
- Effectively concluded the 2019 Junior Staff Promotion exercise for officers on SGL. 03 – 05 in the Headquarters and Civilian Personnel Units (CPUs) and had distributed the letters of promotion to the successful candidates;
- Processed and submitted the request for regularization of appointment of temporary staff to Planning, Research and Statistics Department (PR&SD) for onward transmission to the Armed Forces Council for consideration; and
- Collated and prepared briefs on Seniority List for the upcoming 2019 promotion exercise.
- Carried out investigation on disciplinary cases in respect of twenty-four (24) officers in the Civilian Personnel Units (CPUs) in accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Rules (PSR); and
- Coordinated the meeting of the Senior Staff Committee (SSC) on discipline to consider fourteen (14) disciplinary cases on 12th September, 2019. The Minutes of the meeting has been duly signed and forwarded to the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) and Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) respectively for consideration and approval.
- Effectively documented and deployed all the newly posted officers to Ministry of Defence accordingly;
- Conducted interviews for the selection of House Officers/Interns for the 2019/2020 Session in Lagos and Kaduna;
- Prepared briefs for inter-ministerial transfer which are awaiting consideration of the Junior Staff Committee and Senior Staff Committee (JSC/SSC) respectively; and
- Prepared and updated the Ministry’s Nominal Roll forwarded to other Government Agencies on request and for the use of Manpower Budget and Personnel cost as well as for the distribution of welfare packages.
- The Unit in conjunction with the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) successfully concluded the IPPIS-HR Records Module Verification Exercise organized for the Federal Civil Servants working in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) throughout the Federation.
- The 2019 Annual mandatory training for the Ministry has been processed, awaiting the release of funds to commence implementation. It is expected that most of the Officers will benefit from it based on availability of funds.
- Twenty-Seven (27) staff at the Headquarters and Civilian Personnel Units (CPUs) are currently undergoing training at the Federal Training Centers.
- The services of Corps members were engaged for primary assignment in the Ministry as well as Industrial Training Students. Presently, Sixty-five (65) Corp members are engaged while Fifteen (15) are awaiting acceptance. In addition, twenty (20) Industrial Training Students are on Industrial Attachment in the Ministry.
- The following were paid as statutory welfare allowances to beneficiaries as tabulated below:
|S/n||Type of allowance||No. of beneficiaries||Amount paid|
|3||1st 28 days Allowance||21||N5,797,286.32|
- In the same vein, welfare packages (rice and vegetable oil) were distributed to staff for the Easter and Sallah celebrations, while that of Christmas is being processed.
- Processed a total of Four Thousand Six Hundred and Eighteen (4,618) files received on various subjects including but not limited to:
- Repatriation allowances
- Payment of Group Life Assurance claims to Next of Kin (NOK) of officers that died in active service through the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF);
- Organised Eight (8) interactive sessions for staff of the Ministry with Life Assurance Companies, Annuity Experts and Pension Fund Administrators on ‘Know Your Clients’ (KYC).
- Facilitated the bio-data update and biometric capturing exercise conducted by various Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs) for its enrollees in the Ministry as directed by PENCOM
- Successfully facilitated the enrolment of would-be 2020 retirees in the 2019 nationwide verification and enrolment exercise conducted by the National Pension Commission.
H IDENTITY CARD
So far, the Unit has processed and issued Five Thousand, Four Hundred and Fifty-Three (5,453) identity cards from January, 2019 till date to staff, Military Officers posted to Ship House, visitors access control card, retiree identity cards, etc.