He was born in Ora-Ekiti in Ekiti State, Nigeria. Married (with children) to Mrs. Mary Fayemi.
Attended Methodist Boys’ High School, Lagos where he obtained WASC (DIV.II); Lagos State College of Science & Technology, Lagos where he was awarded HND (Accountancy) and Lagos State University, Ojo Lagos, where he was awarded MBA (Int’l Business Management).
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
- Member, Chartered institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
Mr. Fayemi had attended several Management Courses in Nigeria and overseas among which are:
- Webmedia Public Finance Management Generic Application held in Tallinn, Estonia & Helsinki, Finland
- Webmedia Budget Preparation System Training for Trainers
- Webmedia Budget Execution System Training for Trainers
- Financial Management & Control in the Public Sector held in OAGF
- Internal Audit Skills & Reporting organized by ICAN
- IPPIS/HRMIS Role Players Service-wide held at Federal Ministry of Justice, Abuja
- Computer Audit
- Advanced Public Finance
- Economic and Financial Crime Act held in Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) Victoria Island, Lagos
- Equipment Leasing organized by Financial Institutions Training Centre, Yaba, Lagos
A Deputy Director (Finance & Accounts) in the Federal Civil Service, Mr. Fayemi who is an experienced Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and member of several other Professional bodies had worked in the Banking Sector and SDV as the Cash Planning Manager before joining the Civil Service. He had also worked in the Presidential Committee on Barracks Rehabilitation (PCBR), Funds Department of the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) and Federal Ministry of Agriculture before he was posted to the Ministry of Defence in 2014. He is currently the Ag. Director of the Internal Audit Department of the Ministry of Defence.