Mr. David KemjeGende was born on 25th November, 1963. He had his primary education at St. Gregory Primary School, Muri Road, Kaduna from here he undertook his academic education in Kaduna and Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. He is a holder of Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Public Administration.Member Institute of Management Consulting, UK. He has undertaken a number of Courses on Strategic Security Management, Citizen-Centred Security. In the course of his service career, Mr. Gende has been actively involved in a wide-range of initiatives aimed at evolving public service excellence.
• At the Bureau of Public Service Reforms he was the desk officer on the Economic Reforms and Governance Project which worked on the structure and process of the Service.
• Project officer that midwifed the concepts and implementation of the Integrated Personnel Information System (IPPIS) in the Federal Civil Service where remarkable savings were made to payroll expenditure of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN).
• At the Ministry of Interior, actively participated in the laudable initiative on Prison Reforms/Upgrade. A case in point was the collaboration with Lagos State Government towards the relocation of the Ikoyi Prisons and upgrade of its facilities modern correctiveCentres.
• At the Federal Capital Territory, midwifed the Artisan Training/Registration Rehabilitation project which is aimed at developing a database of Artisans in the Federal Capital Territory.As the Director, Joint Services, he provides strategic coordination between the MOD and the Defence Headquarters on cross-cutting issues s they affect the Tri-Services (Army, Navy and Air Force). On a broader sphere the Director.
- Provides interface with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) ona issues of bilateral Relations/Military Technical Cooperation.
- Provides Secretariat for the Boards of the Parastatals of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) to which the Permanent Secretary serves as Secretariat.
- Chairman, on the implementation of Public Private Partnership initiatives.
The Officer started his service career in September, 1988. Where he served in a number of Federal Government Agencies/Ministries, presently, he is the Director, Joint Services Department, Ministry of Defence.
He is happily married and blessed with two children.