Hassan Abdullahi was born on the 27th July, 1959.He had his primary education at Local Education Authority (LEA) in SabonGari, Kaduna and secondary education at Government Secondary School (Saint Peters College), Kaduna. He undertook academic education at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, holds Bachelors of Arts in History post graduate in Management and Master’s Degree in Business Administration, post graduate certificate in Marketing Management at Harvard University (Harvard Business School), Post graduate certificate in Project Management at George Washington University USA and worked onPhD programme on Trade and Investment Relations.
He is a beneficiary of various courses such as; Conference on renewable energy and energy efficiency in Dubai.
Mr. Abdullahi joined the public service Nigeria Telecommunication (NITEL) as an officer in 1985 and subsequently transferred his service to the main stream of the Federal Civil Service.
Mr. Abdullahi has actively participated in major works initiative and decision in respect of the development of the Nigerian economy today:
• As officer in NET (MTEL), served on the Secretariat on the Commercialization of Nigeria Telecommunication Company, this eventuallyushered in genuine growth in the Telecommunication industry 1986.
• In Ministry of Power as Director (Investment and Sector Development) he sought for Investors as well as negotiated with Exim Bank of USA on facility for Nigeria Power Sector 2012.
• Participated in unbundling of the power sector and involved in the initial take off of Zingeru Hydropower Dam 2013.
• Served as Member / Secretary of sub - committee on the Presidential Inauguration Committee in 2015.
• Served as Member/Secretary of the White Paper Committee on the review of the Nigeria National Defence Policy 2016.
As the Director (Planning Research and Statistic) the hob of Ministry of Defence,he coordinates:
• Matters relating to National Defence Policy.
• National Planning in relation to Budget, key performance indicators (KPI), Monitoring and Evaluation of projects.
• Coordinates the compendium ofResearch Data and Statistics
• Recently working on Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning implementation strategy; Nigeria Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP) with regards to the Ministry of Defence.
He is also author of various papers amongst:
• 1997 Investment opportunity – Telecommunication perspective.
• 2012 Direct Investment and the role of Public PrivatePartnershipin Power Industry in Nigeria.
He is married with children