Hassan Abdullahi was born on the 27th July, 1961. He had his primary education at Local Education Authority (LEA) in Sabon Gari, Kaduna and had his secondary education at Saint Peters College Kaduna now (Government Secondary School). He undertook academic education at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and holds Bachelors of Arts in History, post graduate in Management and Masters Degree in Business Administration.He also has post graduate certificate in Management at Harvard University (Harvard Business School), Post graduate certificate in Project Management at George Washington University USA and attained a PhD in Trade and Investment Relations.
Abdullahi joined the Public Service with Nigeria Telecommunication (NITEL) as an officer in 1985 and subsequently transferred his service to the main stream of the Federal Civil Service.
Abdullahi has actively participated in major activities and decisions in respect of the development of the Nigerian economy today such as:
• As officer in NITEL (MTEL), served in the Secretariat on the Commercialization of Nigeria Telecommunication Company, and this eventually ushered in genuine growth in the Telecommunication industry 1986;
• In Ministry of Power as Director (Investment and Sector Development), he sought for Investors as well as negotiated with Exim Bank of USA on facility for Nigeria Power Sector 2012;
• As Director Economic/Political Affairs in OSGF, served as Member / Secretary of sub - committee on the Presidential Inauguration Committee in 2015; and
• As Director (PRS) MOD served as Member/Secretary of the White Paper Committee on the review of the Nigeria National Defence Policy and conducted a successful Retreat on Civil Military Relationship in 2016.
He is also author of various papers amongst:
• 1997 Investment opportunity – Telecommunication perspective.
• 2012 Direct Investment and the role of Public Private Partnership in Power Industry in Nigeria.
He is married with children.