The General Services Department is in charge of providing Services needed to enhance the Operation of other Departments in the Ministry.
General Services Department is divided into two (2) divisions.
- General Services Division
- Maintenance Division
- General Services: This division is headed by a Deputy Director and saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Transport Administration
- Utility Services
- Store Management
- Communication Facilities
- Office Allocation and management
- Allocation/Maintenance of car parks
- Landscaping and beautification of the car park and
- Daily cleaning and environmental sanitation of the complex
- MAINTENANCE DIVISION
The Maintenance Division is headed by a Deputy Director. This Division has 7 (Seven) units i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Building Technical, Building Routine Maintenance and Fire Fighting.
The Estate/Maintenance Division is charged with the following responsibilities:-
- Maintenance of Electrical System and installations
- Maintenance of lifts and Generators
- Repair and Maintenance of Air Condition ers and Refrigerators
- Maintenance of bui8lding structures including improvement, Extension, rehabilitation and routine maintenance works on bui8lding elements.
- Water reticulation and plumbing works including maintenance of toilet facilities. Routine maintenance of water equipment
- Firefighti8ng equipment and installations